* it’s an instant mood booster and feels great in the moment
* you’re likely to feel closer to friends and family
* you’re likely to enjoy your life more
* it’s good for your physical health
* it’s easier to cope with tough times
* good things in life don’t stick in our heads as easily as bad events
* Keep a gratitude journal. Take five minutes each day or once a week to think of and write down three things that have happened to you since the previous day or week that you’re glad you experienced.
* Tell someone you’re grateful to have them in your life. Whether it’s someone you look up to, or someone who just makes you happy, take the time to tell them you’re glad they’re around.